Is your baby showing signs of starting to crawl? Are you worried about their safety? Strategically placed gates in your house are what you need to make your life a little easier, and your baby a lot safer from potential dangers in your home such as stairs.
The First Years Hands-Free Gate is one of the most suitable products you could go shopping for at this stage of your baby’s growth and development. But why is it worth considering?
Here is a detailed review of this baby gate!
The First Years Hands-Free Gate
- Designed for use from 6 to 24 months of age
- The lock clicks to close, providing reassuring safety
- Pressure mounted
- Hands-free open
- Includes mounting equipment
- Fits doors from 29 inches to 34 inches wide
- The pedal is childproof
- Made of metal material for the much-needed durability
- Minimum extended length of 29 inches while the maximum is 44 inches
This baby safety gate swings open in both directions and comes with innovative features that enhance the security of toddlers at home with ease. Its intended use is with kids of both genders. The manufacturer, The First Years recommends that the baby gate be used in any other area other than the top of stairs.
- Being a pressure mount baby gate, it will not leave holes in the walls of your house.
- It is one of the hands-free operation gates today, thanks to the foot pedal opening technique.
- The door on the baby gate swings in both directions for added convenience.
- Most suitable where there is a need to resist pressure and shaking.
Although it earns lots of points from customers and reviewers, The First Years Hands-Free Gate has its own set of shortcomings too. Most people express concern that the foot pedal of the baby gate can be operated by children. While that may be true in some instances where there might be faulted with the gate, it requires more force to open the gate than a toddler can apply.
Another shortcoming of The First Years Hands-Free Gate is its maximum width. Set to a maximum of 44 inches with extension, this baby gate might not be suitable for people looking to close openings that might be slightly wider.
In addition, the door is a bit narrow, coming with a width of 18 inches only. With all these in mind, you will find that overall, The First Years Hands-Free Gate is not a suitable pick for use at the top of stairs, but will be the best for other spaces fitting within its dimensions.
For a price of $54.96, this feature-rich baby gate is a bargain and will definitely give you that extra hand that every mom and dad wishes they had. You won’t have to fumble with your hands opening it; just pedal it and it will swing wide open. Extension kits can also be added to it, though you will have to buy them separately.