For parents who travel a lot, buying a regular baby gate doesn’t seem to be the best choice since such safety gates prove to be very cumbersome to travel with given the space they require as they lack flexibility. With that in mind, Evenflo designed a baby gate that would suit dads and moms who travel a lot and would like to keep their child safe wherever they go.
Evenflo Crosstown Soft Portable Travel Gate is designed to be the perfect choice for people who want a quick install-and-remove product. Let’s look at the features, pros and cons of this product.
Evenflo Crosstown Soft Portable Travel Gate
- The baby gate dimensions are 2.4 by 7.4 by 38.2 inches
- Total weight equals 6 pounds
- Fits with most themes of home décor
- Can extend from 38 inches to 60 inches wide
- Made to fit baseboards and uneven openings
- Comes with sides that are quick-fold collapsible
- Designed for use with kids aged 6 to 24 months
- Material type is both plastic and metal
- This baby gate has a retractable pressure mounted design
The design of the Evenflo Crosstown Soft Portable Travel Gate was carefully considered to make travelling with your baby easy and safe. The quick fold-collapse feature makes it very convenient for storage even when there is very little room for packaging, especially you have a lot to carry on your trip.
Pros of Evenflo Crosstown Soft Portable Travel Gate
- This baby gate is portable and easy to handle.
- Being a pressure mounted product, it does not leave undesirable holes or marks in your house.
- Its dimensions are a plus since it can fit in most openings that range within the 38 inches to 60 inches width.
- You get a travel bag as a bonus on purchasing this portable baby gate.
- It blends well with most home décor themes.
Cons: It is made of a soft mesh that can easily be torn by pets, hence not suitable for people with notorious pets such as puppies. In addition, though it can be used to prevent the baby from reaching most areas of the house as it covers a relatively wider width, it is not suitable for use at stair tops because it is a pressure-mounted product. It must also be stepped over in order to access the next room or an area that is blocked away from children and pets.
The absence of a door on this baby gate is a major concern for many people who want much convenience and child safety at home. Last, of the cons, the material does not appeal to anyone looking for durability in such a product.
However, retailing at $41.81, Evenflo Crosstown Soft Portable Travel Gate is a good choice for people looking to block wide and uneven openings. It is also a perfect choice for travel purposes, thanks to its collapsible sides that make storage, installation and removal very quick and easy. You do not need to carry any installation tools in your travel bag to be able to use it anywhere you go.